- Intended For
Individuals facing charges under the Criminal Code of Canada.
- Referral Requirements:
Self-referral and or physician hospital community agency school referral accepted
- Additional Referral Details
Referral required: A court-based judicial order is a mandatory prerequisite for assessments provided through this service.
- Services Offered As:
Queen Street Site - 1001 Queen Street West
- Additional Location Details:
Unit 3, 4th floor
- Hours of Operation:
Regular business hours
- Contact Phone Number:
Mary DeSousa, Court Liaison Worker: 416 535-8501 ext. 32936
- Contact Email:
- More Contact Details:
Fax: 416 583-4327
Types of Treatment and Services Offered
The Brief Assessment Unit (BAU) provides services for the court.
- Court-ordered Fitness Assessment
- Court-ordered Form 6 Assessment
- ORB ordered Risk Assessments
- Our clients are either in custody (i.e. Toronto South) or out of custody (living in the community)
The BAU's primary referral sources are courts within the Greater Toronto Area. Physicians and clinicians provide assessments of "fitness" and criminal responsibility assessments for the court.