On Demand (eLearning)
This course explores long-acting formulation of buprenorphine to treat opioid use disorder. It describes the process of initiating a patient on injectable buprenorphine, as well as how to manage missed doses, acute pain and other clinical scenarios.
- Describe the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties of the long-acting buprenorphine formulation.
- Describe plans for induction, titration, missed doses and tapering of extended-release (bup-XR).
- Review the clinical efficacy and safety of bup-XR by examining clinical trial data.
- Weigh stakeholder perspectives on bup-XR.
- Plan how to introduce bup-XR into your clinical practice.
Online, self-paced. This online course requires you to use an internet browser, the system does not support Microsoft Internet Explorer. For more details, please read the browser and compatibility support page.
Certification and Accreditation
Participants interested in obtaining a Certificate in Opioid Dependence Treatment must complete the Opioid Use Disorder Treatment (OUDT) course plus three or four elective courses to meet the certificate requirement of a total of 39 or more hours.
This course is accredited (pending):
- The College of Family Physicians of Canada - Mainpro+ Group Learning: 1.5 credits
- The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons - Section 1.5 hours
Affiliations and Partnerships
University of Toronto
Please review the cancelation policy.